Sunday, April 20, 2014

My author website HACKED!


 Guys, my Ellenoh.com website has been hacked. Please do not go there!! It has been infected with very bad malware.  Fortunately, my blog is hosted on blogger and I never moved it to my website. I always thought that was a pain but now I'm very grateful because my blog is safe.

I would gladly hurt the person who did this to me. Also, if you see any emails from ellen@ellenoh.com - DON'T open for now!! Delete! Everything has been compromised and it's a huge mess. I'm real sorry guys!!

5 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

So very sorry, Ellen. That's so terrible someone did that to you.

Kim Kasch said...

Yikes! :(

Bish Denham said...

Thanks for the heads up! So sorry this has happened to you.

Aniket Thakkar said...

Was it on Wordpress?
It was only a matter of time, if it were on Wordpress. All it takes is installation of one shoddy plugin that paves way to SQL Injection.

I've been on the receiving end once, and now I usually code my own.

Russell Beck said...

That's really unfortunate. But looking at your next post, it seems that you've taken care of it already, so that's great! You're right that having your blog hosted elsewhere, was a good thing. You still have to be wary though, as hackers may try to hack your Blogger account to mess with it. Just make sure you have unique passwords for your accounts; or at the very least, subtle variations of your universal password, if that's the case. Thanks for sharing, and let's hope they can't hack into your website again. Take care!

Russell Beck @ 5 Star Brand

Search This Blog

Loading...