Thursday, August 30, 2007

And now for something completely different...

My sister-in-law sent me this article from the New Yorker titled . I hope no one is offended by the irreverence of the humor but I thought this was quite clever and funny and wanted to share. I especially love when Debbie and Mary Magdalene scream and talk about whether they like Jesus better when he's healing the lame or with a ponytail. I choked on this. Seriously - I was sucking on a Halls and I choked on it when I started laughing. Had to give myself the Heimlich and now my chest hurts too. So go read this, but don't have any hard candy or hot beverages around when you do. I'm warning you...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! That was so funny. You know, Jesus is really cute and he's all like "Be nice." He's very sensitive and sweet for someone who grew up in the ghetto. My favorite part is "Behold these thighs!" Why can't that happen to me?

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical. Please tell me you've read Lamb, by Christopher Moore. If you haven't, I know you'll love it.

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous. Thanks! I needed it!

Anonymous said...

this was great...you were so right. it was so funny and it was nice to read about jesus, mary et al as just ordinary human beings. we can relate.

Search This Blog