Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to School

Oldest is now in middle school. Da Man and I went to Back to School night and was blown away by the stress of shuffling through a huge building with only 4 minutes between classes to get from one room to another in a crazy attempt to follow Oldest's typical day schedule. Wow! Poor kid has classes all over the building. I was huffing and puffing trying to get through the crowds of parents, trying not to get lost, in order to get to the class in time and listen to what was no more than a 7 minute teacher presentation. Several times I left Da Man way behind and he would shuffle into class late. This is where the difference between a New Yorker and a Marylander is strongest. I walk fast. Da Man meanders. Drives me crazy.

So I was in math class, sitting in a small desk chair and feeling like I was back in middle school when Da Man saunters in late and sits in the next row over. As I tried to take notes of what was expected with regards to homework, tests, etc. I hear a "Pssssst" and Da Man passes me the following note:



I did the same thing that I would have done in middle school. I stuck my tongue out at him.

14 comments:

strugglingwriter said...

That's awesome. I'll have to steal this move sometime. Not that I ever received one of these notes in school. *sniff* :)

Charles Gramlich said...

You can take the kid out of the school but you can't take the school out of the kid.

fairyhedgehog said...

That's so cute!

Travis Erwin said...

Da Man was wronged.

You women want and expect us to be spontaneous and romantic and when we are y'all slap us down like a skeeter on your arm.

Kimbra Kasch said...

And now I love Da Man :)

Kelly Polark said...

Ha! That is so cute!
My oldest just started sixth grade and changing and hustling to classes. So far so good except a lot more homework than he is used to. And his first school dance is in a few weeks. I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that!

Lisa Schroeder said...

I love it. Especially your response. :)

Jennifer Ambrose said...

That is so sweet! Hope all the kids are enjoying the school year so far. And now you have more time to write (hint hint nudge nudge writeabooksoIcanreadit)

Thanks for always bringing a smile to my face : )

Whirlochre said...

Love it.

laughingwolf said...

ooooooooo plain raspberries ;)

Christina Farley said...

That's so sweet. I love your blog's new look

Caroline Tung Richmond said...

Haha, that's so awesome!

Speaking of slow walkers, I am probably the slowest of them all. My husband always tells me to hurry up!

stekome said...

http://kratosellas.blogspot.com video,news,foto,gossip http://kratosellas.blogspot.com

Kappa no He said...

I bet you had a lovely evening after the kids went to bed. (^-~)

Search This Blog