Monday, June 6, 2011

The Fountain of Poo

There is a fairly new town center development in the town over from mine that I've only been to a few times. In the middle of the town center is a large water play area which in the summer is filled with kids running in their bathing suits. Water sprays up in about 50 little geysers. Last summer when I took the girls up there, we had the great pleasure of watching as a young boy decided to pee right in the middle of the water while his mother just stood by watching him. The girls and I decided to leave immediately.

This year we met some of our friends for lunch and afterward the girls and their friends went to run around in the fountain area. After awhile they got tired and lay out in the sun. I was standing with my friend and suddenly noticed a pile of brown stuff on the left side of the water area, right between a few geysers.

"That's not what I think it is, right?" I asked my friend.

"I don't know, I don't think so, but I'm not walking over to find out!" she said. "Besides, if it were what we think it was, our kids would have definitely said something."

"Yeah, you're right," I said. Then our friends had to leave. We said our goodbyes and then as we walked away, Angus and Youngest start to shriek.

"Mommy! There's poop in there! And it definitely wasn't there before!"

"It is? Are you sure? I mean it could be a leaf or a pile of dirt?"

All three girls walk closer and then run back to me. "That's POOP!!!!! And those kids just ran through it!!!"

I then noticed that some of the brown stuff was definitely smashed now. But still a big turd was left untouched. I quickly walked over to a group of parents who were watching their kids play in the water and I warn them about the poop. They all thank me and call their kids over - but not to come out, just to stay on the right side of the play area. I'm a bit shocked. So I walk around the square until I notice a security guard and then tell him about the poop. He calls over a cleaning person and ask me to show them where the poop is. By now everyone with kids in the water area can see that I'm pointing to a big brown pile of poop and the woman who is cleaning is making the nastiest face of disgust. I mean I don't know how much clearer it could be. THERE'S POOP IN THE WATER AREA!!!! But the kids are still allowed to play. They are still running around. At that point, the girls and I are so grossed out we once again run away.

As we are leaving, Oldest said, "Boy, Mom, we have really bad luck there. Last year we see a boy going number 1 in to the water, this year we find number 2, what will happen next year?"

Angus - Diarrhea, definitely, diarrhea.

Youngest - I say vomit.

Oldest - I say we don't go back to the fountain of poo again.

All in favor said aye and the ayes have it. No more fountain of poo for the Oh family.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm with eldest.

Unknown said...

Excellent overview, it pointed me out something I didn’t realize before. I should encourage for your wonderful work. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thank you for sharing this information with us.
Water Fountains

Tyhitia Green said...

Bwwaaahhhaaa and ewwwww. I'm with Oldest as well. Yucky.

Why did the parents continue to let the kids play in it? Hepatitis A, people.

playbazaar said...

Satta king
i like this very much!!!!!

Search This Blog