Monday, June 20, 2011

Random Funny Things My Kids Say - Part 51

If you follow me on Facebook then you know that my sister just had a baby and that I am a proud auntie once again! I have to admit, it was love at first sight. My little nephew is so cute and so sweet. It is amazing how much you forget about what babies are like. My 3 girls and I keep fighting every minute over who gets to hold him.




Having a new baby in the family reminds me of how quickly time flies. My oldest is now 12, Angus turns 10 this month, and youngest is 7 years old. But it doesn't feel that long ago when they were all this small. It's bittersweet. I'm so proud to see my girls growing up, turning into great people. But I also miss them being small and defenseless - where I could pick them up and hug and kiss them as much as I want. Oldest is exactly my height and Angus is not far behind. And Youngest is too heavy to pick up anymore. But no matter what, they will always be my babies.

So I'm in the kitchen, cooking dinner, and I overhear the girls talking about babies and how cute Sebastian is. And then the conversation veered into when they grew up and if they would have kids.

Oldest - Babies are cute but I don't want to be pregnant. Yuck.

Angus - I think it's more painful than getting a tattoo!

Youngest - Let's just have dogs and cats. They don't hurt.

Angus - But then you have to clean up their pee and poo. Too much responsibility!

Youngest - Hey, when the baby is in the Mommy's stomach, what happens when it pees and poos?

Angus starts cracking up.

Youngest (laughing) - And what about when the baby farts? Where does it come out?

Angus - I bet when the baby farts the mother burps or farts it out too.

Youngest - So when the baby poos...

Both girls shriek making grossed out sounds.

Oldest - This is a disgusting conversation. I'm leaving. (runs upstairs)


When they grow up, I'm going to miss these conversations.

5 comments:

Precie said...

I love that you now have a record of these moments to remind the girls of this when/if they do become parents. :)

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Precie! So good to see you again!!! How are you doing?

Charles Gramlich said...

Thanks so much. I was eating when I started reading this post. when I started. ;)

Precie said...

I'm mostly good. Trying to recapture the alchemy that motivated me to write fiction to begin with. Trying to grief for my father in a healthy way. Trying not to screw up my family too much. :) Trying.

Hope all is well in your world.

playbazaar said...

Satta king
i like this very much!!!!!

Search This Blog