Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Random Funny Things My Kids say - Part 28

The other day the girls were joking around when Angus presses her nose up and says "Who am I?" The girls laugh and Oldest shouts out "Oh my gosh, you look just like _____ from tae kwon do!"

I immediately chide them for making fun of another person, reminding them that making fun of things a person can't change is mean and rude.

"I'm not making fun of her, Mommy!" Angus states. "I'm just making a connection. A connection between a pig nose and her nose. That's all. It's just making connections! What's so mean about that?"

"You know you are being really mean, now stop it."

Angus pauses. "But I'm not. For example, I noticed you ate sour cream and onion potato chips and now your breath is stinky. I am not being mean. I'm just making a connection between your stinky breath and the potato chips!"

That's one mean smart girl.

15 comments:

laughingwolf said...

hmmm what would she say about my garlic dinner sausages? :O lol

Cheryl Kauffman said...

At least you always know she is honest.

Kelly Polark said...

That is funny, because family is always bluntfully honest. And I think I have even said "I'm not being mean, I'm just being honest!" Too cute! And I love sour cream and onion chips!!!

Kimbra Kasch said...

I love Angus!!! And I love your blog, I'm nominating you for the Lemonade Award- great taste but with a bite.

JaneyV said...

My daughter never fails to let me know that I'm fat. Bless her. That tact gene seems to be recessive.

As usual Angus's take on life is razor sharp!

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

yes she is!! one mean smart girl :)
first time here, loved it completely... you write beautifully ellen, funny without being over the top.
would love to keep coming back for more.
tke care. do visit.

Melissa Amateis said...

Ell, I love it when you post these. They crack me up every single time.

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! gotta luv the innocence of children!

Anonymous said...

"That's one mean smart girl. " he he he he he!

Charles Gramlich said...

What does she use to sharpen her wit with? I need one of those.

Lana Gramlich said...

Born to be a lawyer!

Christina Farley said...

Their teachers will love it! Connections are truly important. And being about to argue your point as such is even better!

Steve Malley said...

Every time I catch up on your blog, I damn near pee my pants!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Gotta love the connections! Here's to smart girls!

Aniket Thakkar said...

Guess you'll never have to see 'Lie to Me' to find if they're lying?

One down 27 to go right? :-)

Search This Blog