Saturday, May 2, 2009

Contest is Over!

So the contest is officially over, thank you so much to everyone for entering! It has been awesome to see how far we have reached out to new bloggers everywhere to spread the word of the Silver Phoenix rising! And the poems! Wow! Very cool guys!

So we will announce the winners on Monday morning.

Since I am slowly recuperating from the dreaded stomach flu and snapping at everyone that I did not have the swine flue, I am a little harried. BUT am better and will be ready to entrance you with my stunning wit and come around to harass I mean come visiting y'all real soon!

Til then, here's a politically incorrect video that you will either find really offensive or really hysterical. I only take credit if it is the latter. FYI - I want to make note that why this is so funny is not because of the offensive racist language slurs here to 7 different cultures, but that it pokes fun at the ignorance of the British woman who is mouthing the ridiculousness. And it allows us to be ok saying "Hey that's RACIST!" while laughing our ass off at the racist white woman. OK We Cool now?

13 comments:

laughingwolf said...

too stupid, but hilarious! ;) lol

Christina Farley said...

Okay so I couldn't not laugh. It was really funny.

Looking forward to the results of the contest. Glad you're feeling better.

Whirlochre said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Fans of the genre may also appreciate this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Tck7-1Ooc

Rebecca Knight said...

LOL! This is so weird--my husband and I were discussing the other day how Americans sound to the rest of the world, since we all have these ideas of what other languages sound like (Swedish chef, etc).

Apparently to folks in other countries, we sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown :P. Who knew?

This was too funny!

Mary Witzl said...

I didn't laugh, I squirmed.

I had to interpret for an American doctor at an Amnesty International meeting in Japan once. It was pure hell. I wish I'd had this lady's confidence in myself...

And yay, Aniket has mentioned Russell, Peters. If you liked this, you've GOT to check out Russell Peters! He does racial stuff better than anyone in the whoooole world.

JaneyV said...

Oh god I love Katherine Tate. She's priceless. You should check out her inappropriate Grandmother aka Foul-mouthed Nan. Just make sure you've been to the bathroom first.

Louise Hawes said...

Hysterical! Anyone who doesn't see that this piece is directed at the ridiculousness of stereotypes, isn't watching! I played it three times, just to watch the disbelief on those seven faces! Priceless :-)

Charles Gramlich said...

Hum, once again I'm lost by British Humor. It's OK, I don't laugh at Monty Python either.

Cheryl Kauffman said...

That was so ridiculous it was funny. Glad you are feeling better.

pacatrue said...

Yeah, fake languages is sort of a meme on YouTube. Here's a couple videos of people pretending to speak English. For both videos, it's pretty much the stress pattern that people imitate. The French dude is particularly amazing with his list of gibberish languages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRR_gKFT6ds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cx-MAvkQbQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLZhclvLbfI

moonrat said...

wow.

first, i love your video (although i did kind of want to gouge out my eyes). second, i love that paca was able to come up with FURTHER links. this is why blogging is awesome.

日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
playbazaar said...

Satta king
this is brilliant

Search This Blog