Monday, May 4, 2009

And the Winner is.....

The winner who entered with the most entries, stacking the deck in her favor when it came down to draw, is.......... Aerin!!!

The winner of the poetry contest with Cindy's favorite poem is..... Absolute Vanilla!!!

Here is her winning poem:

Nibbling silkworm larvae (chop suey and dim sum)
gives a girl great powers,
creates wings of silver
and a unique digestive hum
on which a Phoenix rises...


I just want to say, you had me at dim sum...

We had some runner ups who will receive a beautiful bookmark and signed bookplate from Cindy. They are:

zxcvbnm
nodizzies
allegore
cindy
kelly
jenniferwriter
katterly
beth


So congrats to all our winners. Please email me your contact information at ello.echo@gmail.com.

Thanks again to everyone for entering the contest and helping spread the word for Cindy's debut!

I have had so much fun that I think I'll have to throw more contests with irresistible prizes like this. Or maybe I should stick to delicious silkworm larvae treats in a styrofoam cup, complete with toothpicks.


Who wouldn't wanna win a nice treat like that? I know y'all are dying to enter, right? So how about some odes? Sonnets? Picturegrams? Anybody? Hello? Hello? Where'd everyone go?

14 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

Oh EWWWwwww, thanks for sharing that treat. Now, I think I'm starting to feel like I have a mild case of the flu-sick to my stomach-oh, maybe that was your intention. Mom used to always warn me, Misery loves company.

Hope you're feeling better.

Aniket Thakkar said...

I'm in! The silkworm larvae look yummmmy!!! (This coming from a vegetarian... go figure :D)

Congratulations to all the winners!

@ Aerin: The give-away girl finally got one in return han? Happy for you! :D

JaneyV said...

Yeay! for Aerin and AV. Well done you too. And hearty congrats to all the others. For those who haven't yet got their hands on Silver Phoenix I say - go, RUN, FLY directly to your bookstore and buy it now. It's a treat for the senses.

Christina Farley said...

Yeah! Congrats to all the winners! Great contest.

laughingwolf said...

grats, all!

as for the silkworms, ok... IF they taste like chicken! ;) lol

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha! Step one of my plan to Take Over the World complete! Now to receive Cindy's autograph and extract her essence to create a clone army!

(theme song from 'Pinky and the Brain' plays here)

moonrat said...

Absolute Vanilla--I love the poem!!

congrats, all :)

cindy said...

i had SUCH FUN! and thanks for running this ello!! there are some great poems and i'll feature my favorites on my site! yay!

aerin--haha! for every cindy clone there must be a NG one to match. not that NG clone knows cindy clone exists but it's OH-KAY.

Kelly Polark said...

Great poem! Thanks for the fun contest, Ello!

Rebecca Knight said...

That was too much fun, Ello ;)!

Also, those silkworms look crunchy-licious! I'm in, too!

Mary Witzl said...

I'm bummed that I didn't win, but then I don't have to eat those silkworm larvae, so I guess it could have been sadder...

Unknown said...

Congrats to everyone and huge thanks to Ello and Cindy for organising this. I am soooo chuffed to have won a copy of Silver Phoenix, which I can't get locally - so thanks sooooo much guys! (And there I wrote the poem with my tongue stuck very seriously in my cheek!)

And hey, say what, Ello, if you share your silkworm larvae, I'll share my mopani worms...

Angela Williams Duea said...

No...do people really eat that stuff, or am I just being gullible (very possible)?

Anonymous said...

Congrats everyone and thanks for the great contest! I'm going to get my copy on Saturday and I'm so excited!

Andy

Search This Blog