Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Random Funny Things My Kids Say - Part 29

Oldest and Angus were lying on the floor giggling over a book. I peered over their shoulders and noticed they had the school yearbook open before them. They were pointing at pictures of boys in different classes and different grades in their school and giggling.

"That's Michael," Oldest says. They both start giggling hard.

Oh No! My heart sank. Are they already thinking about cute boys? They're so young! I'm not ready for this! I lean forward, eavesdropping.

"Don't sit anywhere he's sat. He picks his nose and wipes it everywhere!" Oldest says. "One time he handed in his paper, and there was a big booger right in the middle of his math test! And if he gets mad at you he'll flick his boogers at you!"

Angus shrieks in disgust. She then turns the page and points at another boy. "That's Gary! When we have tator tots for lunch, he sticks them up his nose and then eats them!"

Oldest guffaws, slapping her hands over her face and then turns back to point at another girl. "That's Gina! She's the one that threw up all over Ryan in class."

"Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!" They both howl.

I walk away, a broad smile on my face. Their shrieks of disgust filling me with warmth and love... and relief.

21 comments:

Aniket Thakkar said...

LOL to the power n, where n tending to infinity!!!!

Your charm is rubbing of on your kids. You have every reason to be proud. :-)

I'm sure they have created a nickname for everyone in their class and their teachers already. :D

Can I borrow your DNA? I might want to make a clone of yours someday. Just in case, if I am bored to death, you know! :-)

Aniket Thakkar said...

PS:

And I would prefer it from the bone marrow or some place.

Knowing you, you might just spit on my hands and say 'Go, there's your DNA!' :D :D

Stacy Nyikos said...

Mine two girls talk about how crazy boys are. My oldest said there are no normal boys in her 4th grade. Huge relief. I just wonder when they "become" normal enough to like.

Kelly Polark said...

My kids also love to look over their yearbooks! Unfortunately my first grade girl is already gaga over my oldest sons' friends. Ahhhhhhhhh! I hope they flick their boogers at her and she thinks boys are gross! ;)

Lauren said...

That is too funny. Yearbooks back in the day were so much fun to pour over. Nice to see the next generation still has some things offline that they enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the apples don't fall far from the tree. They are their mother's daughters. Chips off the ol' (er, young) block. And all those kinds of cliches.

And the mom in me breathed a sigh of relief, too. :)

Melissa Amateis said...

I had a similar moment the other night - only it didn't turn out as well! My daughter loves the movie The Sandlot and the lead character, Bennie, is quite a cutie. She mentioned him and then got this sparkle in her eyes and said, "L-O-V-E him!"

I laughed, but inside I cried.

JaneyV said...

Boys are gross and we were wise to know this as little girls. Oh when did the brainwashing commence? Looks like you have another couple of years to relax.

Just don't get complacent.

Charles Gramlich said...

Maybe they're like their mom and attracted by disgusting bodily habits. Did you ever think of that? lol.

Anonymous said...

Boys are bad. I must repeat this over and over. My daughter turns 3 on Sunday, after all.

Paul

Kate said...

Awww so sweet. I wish my school did yearbooks.

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Lol, that was hilarious! I hope my daughters think boys have cooties for a long time.

Cheryl Kauffman said...

Very funny. My daughter will be 12 in July and still thinks boys are gross. Hopefully it will stay that way for a while.

Lana Gramlich said...

I hope they're not just lulling you into a false sense of security! ;)

Serendipity said...

lol!!! how cute :)

Christina Farley said...

Too halarious. I love their pure honesty. No holding back there.

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! tooo funny!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Mmmm. Nothing like a boy who knows how to bring attention to himself. Smart girls.

Rena Jones said...

LMAO!

I was just thinking about stuff like this the other day when I was thinking of classmates from early elementary school. Why is it I can remember Ronnie, who threw up tomato soup near my feet on the first day of 2nd grade, but I can't remember what I had for dinner last night?

Some things stay with you forever!

laughingwolf said...

you're lucky yet, mama... my girls are 24 and 26!

playbazaar said...

Satta king
this is brilliant

Search This Blog