Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

A few days ago I picked up Youngest from school and she was acting very mysteriously.

"Mommy," she whispered. "I have to tell you a really big secret!"

"Ok," I said, as I leaned down next to her.

She grinned and pressed her little finger to her lips and let out a big "shhhhhhh." I nodded and made the same gesture. Satisfied she cupped her hand around my ear.

"I made you the most beautifulest flower pot for Mother's Day!" she whispered with a giggle. "And it even has a seed in it! Only we're not supposed to tell our Mommy's cause its a secret!"

I smiled at her and chided, "Weren't you supposed to keep it from me?"

She looked at me indignantly, "Yes but I can't keeps a secret from my Mommy!"

"You are absolutely right!" I said.

Happy, she clapped her hands and said, "Just don't tell anyone else that I told you OK? Cause its a secret!"

"OK!"

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there!

17 comments:

Aniket Thakkar said...

You daughter's can redefine sweetness!

And as they rightly say: Two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead. :D

Happy mother's day to you!

Whirlochre said...

How fortunate you are.

All of Son of Whirl's hand made Mother's Day, Christmas and Easter offerings tend to be found at the bottom of his schoolbag, months after the event, covered in mouldy blobs of year-old sandwiches.

"Oh yeah," he'll say, head craned over his Nintendo, "that's for you."

Unknown said...

Aaawww!
Hope you're having a wonderful mother's day, Ello - and that the seed sprouts into a beautiful flower!

Cheryl Kauffman said...

Adam did something similar after I got home on Thursday, he ran up and gave me a card he made me. Then he took it back and said he was just letting me peek, and he would let me have it on Mother's Day. Hope you have a great day!

Danette said...

Awww, so sweet! Hope you're having a great Mother's Day!

Danette

Merry Monteleone said...

Happy Mother's Day, Ello!!!

None of mine can keep a secret. I got my gifts yesterday :-)

Chris Eldin said...

AWW!! Happy Mom's Day!
:-)

Travis Erwin said...

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Kate said...

That's so sweet. Enjoy mother's day :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, make sure she learns now that she "can't keep a secret from mommy"

Kelly Polark said...

Cute! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Love that story. Happy Mother's Day!

Hope it was a great one!!!

larramiefg said...

I LOVE how honest your children are, Ello. You and Da Man are doing something very right!

Anonymous said...

Alas, LarramieG, such honesty and openess only flows to "Mommy."

Apparently, all the girls are capable of keeping a secret from "Daddy."

Da' often left out of the loop Man

Rebecca Knight said...

Awwww :D. That is the cutest! Thank you for sharing, and happy belated Mom's Day!

Karissa Chen said...

cute..
my question is, if they didnt tell the mommies abt the seed, would the mommy have watered it?

Grayquill said...

Very sweet - -
When my 29 year old daughter was young - how young? I don't know - young. Christmas, birthday, or maybe mothers days was coming up. She told her mom, "Dad and I went to the dollar store and bought you some nail polish but I am not telling you what color it is."
Memories...awesome

Search This Blog