Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Girls and Holiday Spirit

The girls were helping me decorate the Christmas Tree when oldest says "Let's all sing Christmas songs!" They immediately begin singing Jingle Bells and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. When they are done, the oldest asks "What should we sing next?"

Middle child shrieks, "Oh I know! My favorite song!" And proceeds to sing this:
O dreydl, dreydl, dreydl, I made it out of clay
And when it’s dry and ready, o dreydl I shall play, Hey!
I start cracking up and oldest says: "That is most definitely NOT a Christmas song! It is a Hannukah song and you can't sing it for Christmas!"

"Well I don't care cause I like it!" middle child responds.

"You're not being in the Christmas spirit!" oldest says.

"I'm being in the holiday spirit and since that includes Christmas and Hannukah I can sing what I want!" middle child replies very smartly.

Intervening in what looks like a Christmas/Hannukah fight between the girls, I interject and say, "That's right sweetie, it is very nice of you to sing all holiday songs!"

"See! I told you!" middle child replies and sticks out her tongue and blows a raspberry at her.

"Now that's not being in the holiday spirit. Remember, Santa's always watching," I chided her.

"Don't worry he didn't see me cause I was crossing my fingers!" she replied with a big smile.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's like Tweety Bird covering his eyes and declaring, "That bad ol' puddy tat will never find me in here!"

Anonymous said...

Smart girl.

I think she has a future in politics.

;)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are entirely too smart for 'your' own good, my friend.

Anonymous said...

The crossing fingers is the MOST important part..everyone knows THAT mom!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww! You're keeping a nice record of their dialogue here. You should print it out at some point and scrapbook it!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

Santa was not only watching, she was listening! :)

Anonymous said...

When are these girls going to get their own show? :)

Anonymous said...

A politician/lawyer in the making.
A kid's that smart and that negotiative can be a real pain for his/her parents for sure.
But it will serve her the better once she grows up!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Church Lady. Get this printed up, add some of their drawings and photographs, and you'll have a present they will never throw away!

Anonymous said...

Not a dull moment! :-) Very funny, indeed! Children say such smart and unexpected things. :-)

Anonymous said...

Haha - I love that they took the initiative to start singing. :-) We were listening to the Christmas songs on the radio the other day and I heard my daughter softly singing. So precious.

Anonymous said...

Wait 'til they are older and in a satiric mood.
Christmas carols will never be the same.

Anonymous said...

Ah, very crafty.

Respect.

Anonymous said...

We've been talking about you. HERE.

Anonymous said...

She *will* make a perfect politician someday. :) I love reading about your kids.

Anonymous said...

I think you have a future lawyer there. Like mother like daughter

Search This Blog