Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oldest thanks each and everyone of you

So Oldest spent quite a lot of time responding to every single person who left her a comment. I told her, "Why don't you just respond to everyone in one comment?" To which she responded, "But that would not be very nice and polite! I need to respond to each and every comment so that they know I read their note." She's a nice kid, not like her lame Mommy. But she got a great big kick from seeing everyone's kind notes so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for commenting. She said "Is this what it feels like to have fans?" I said, "Sort of." To which she ran around the house screaming "I'm famous!!!!!"

And clearly she is a funny kid. My favorite comment she made was in response to Steve Malley who wrote:
"You make parenting seem like it might not suck!" :-)
Oldest responded as follows:

"Dear Steve, Kids are nice if you give them candy."
Ha! That cracked me up!

And Aerin just reminded me of another great comment. Stuart Neville, aka Conduit, said:

"Ms. Haworth is very lucky to have such an excellent fan to spread the word. And yours is a wise policy about kissing boys. In fact, I would go one further and say you should never kiss boys at all. Ever. Thay have cooties."

To which Oldest rsponded:

"Dear Conduit, You should know that since 3rd grade I now realize cooties do not exist. But boys are stinky! But you can't catch stinky. Thanks for your nice comments."
So since Oldest has gotten a taste of blogging, she is seriously thinking of the next blog post she can guest author for me. I best be watching out or one day soon this blog will no longer be under my domain!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I missed it! I do wish with all my heart that you would go to full feeds. I swear I click through more: with partial feeds, sometimes the first paragraph doesn't really explain the post.

Loved the review, Oldest! And I'm like your sister: I've been having trouble reading one book at a time. It's a bit torturous, because I never finish anything! At least, lately. I'm getting better, though. :-)

Anonymous said...

Anytime oldest wants her own blog, let me know and I'll design something uber-cool for her.

Anonymous said...

This is the best reply, I think:

You should know that since 3rd grade I now realize cooties do not exist. But boys are stinky! But you can't catch stinky.

Anonymous said...

I missed her post but laughed at the comments you posted here. Your daughter is a wise young lady and we all know where she got that. :)

Anonymous said...

she'd make a good guest blogger. I'm not so sure you can't catch stinky, though. I wonder if the scientists have run tests on that.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha your kid is so cute... to be that age again. then again, 9 was an awkward age for me, so maybe not. i WAS churning out a lot of writing at that time though.

Anonymous said...

Tell Oldest I have written her Helpful Suggestion down in my Big Book of Future Parenting.

She's a riot, that one!

Anonymous said...

as soon as summer turns 13, she's allowed to have blog of her own, on most boards i know of...

she, and all young ones, need to be protected from online trolls, and worse, but i know you'll keep her safe...

looks to me like you have a budding writer there, mama :)

Anonymous said...

'a blog'... grrrr

Anonymous said...

Talent runs in the family!

Anonymous said...

Boys are stinky! I have a house full. Thank God cooties aren't real or I'd be buried alive by bugs.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the full feed! LOVE IT! :-)

Thank you! :-)

Anonymous said...

You and Da Man have one -- if not two other -- terrific daughter(s), Ello!

Search This Blog