Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Random Funny Things My Kids Say - Part 15

I like corn in my brownies. Hey don't knock it til you try it! Corn is sweet. Brownies are sweet. Corn in brownies are all sweet, with a little chewy. Not that bad. So where can you buy corn brownies? I'm not sure. I only get them in my hungry man fried chicken tv dinners. Yeah, I know the stuff is nasty, but when you are in a hurry and you're hungry the stuff tastes darn good to me! But I have yet to get one where the corn hadn't miraculously mixed into the brownie batter.

So yesterday, I made my tv dinner and set my corn brownie to the side as I ate. Youngest, who is home after lunch, came to watch me eat, eyeing my brownie.

"Can I have your brownie?" she asked.

"No, you just ate 2 cookies, remember? This is mine," I replied.

She was quiet for a moment, continuing to stare at the dark brown, corn studded treat.

"You know what it looks like?" she asked with a grin.

I stopped her immediately. "Don't say it! I don't want to hear it!" I am no dummy. I know where this is headed.

She was silent, but continued to grin slyly up at me. Just as I raised the brownie to my mouth for a big bite, she attacked.

"It looks like when you eats too much corn on the cob and chocolate cake and then you get a bad tummy ache, like you has diarrhea, and then you poops it all out and your poop is all covered in corn!" she shouted. "That's a corn poo poo brownie!"

I put down my corn poo poo brownie, the urge to eat its sweet chocolately goodness screeching to a shuddering halt.

"Thanks alot!" I glared down at the giggling monster.

"So can I has the corn poo poo brownie?" she asked with an angelic grin.

I shook my head at her as I watched her eat it down in a few bites. After licking off the last of the chocolate off her fingers, she started cracking up furiously.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"I was just thinking," she said as she howled in glee. "Later, when I goes to the bathroom, I'm gonna have a corn poo poo brownie poop!"

Oh the joys of a 4 1/2 year old's potty humor!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG i cant stop laughing... hahahahahahahhah

Anonymous said...

Would it have helped if you'd gone on the attack?

"What are you eating?"

"Poo bar with corn in. Yum!"

"Ewwwwww" Dissolving into giggles.

Maybe?

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I love your kids. Now if only I knew where to buy these corn-poo-brownies I might actually get my kids to eat some vegetables.

Anonymous said...

Oh ...how I can relate. Only my kids would have said worse.

Starbucks right now has a salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate. Sounds weird but it's soooo yummy!

And I love peanut butter and banana squished together sandwiches, peanut butter, mayonnaise and pickle sandwiches - hey, maybe I just love PB. :)

Anonymous said...

I love TV dinner brownies, but I always eat dessert first since you never know when things are going to go bad.

Anonymous said...

You have one smart daughter...she knows how to get what she wants!
Too funny!
I love silly things that kids say!

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's good, esepcially for a 4 year old! ;0) clever way of schmoozing the brownie away from you too!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Again, I can't tell if it would be a good idea to get our little ones together...or if we'd inadvertently set in motion a "Lord of the Flies" plot to take over the world. :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! who needs someone to help you with a healthy diet when you have conniving little ones like that? i love your kids, ell. and you know...they get it all from you, the sass and the humor. =D

Anonymous said...

And here I have tended to get irritated at my corn brownies. Because you're right, it always happens in those TV dinners. From now on I will laugh when I get one.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your kids, Ell! They never fail to crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I love those brownies! But, I always pick out the corn before baking. :)

Boy, youngest is most wiley, isn't she. But does she understand that corn brownies are good for her? Maybe the joke's on her! I wonder if broccoli can be mixed in....

Anonymous said...

Spinach Carrot Brownies

And, off topic, I am so excited that kim likes peanut butter and pickles - LOVE love love PB & pickles!

Anonymous said...

Corn poo poo brownies. Sounds good to me.

Anonymous said...

woohoo for veggies in brownies!! cakespy did a whole bunch of recipes awhile back.

i think Youngest is a schemer. i admire that.

Anonymous said...

And here I thought I was the only one who liked TV dinner corn brownies...or didn't mind them, at least.

Anonymous said...

Nice chuckle for the evening. Brings back fond memories of the logic my daughter used to apply in order to get something she wanted.

Anonymous said...

Corn brownies...hmm. I don't judge.

Your kids are awesome. I wish I was that smart. I still try to get extra cookies and brownies out of my mom around the holidays...the old fashioned way. Whining. It is rarely successful.

Anonymous said...

corn, poo poo, and brownies...all my favorite subjects.

Anonymous said...

Now that's really funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to think about this the next time I crave chocolate (which is about every five minutes!)

Maybe it will help keep my clothes from shrinking!!!

Anonymous said...

She is SMART! ROFLMAO! She's a girl after my own heart. I'll say anything for chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Corn?
When did I have corn?

Anonymous said...

”TAG” You’re IT!

Anonymous said...

Tip: just close your eyes...

Anonymous said...

corn in brownies..thats a new one..heheheh good story! haha

Search This Blog